Most SEO Consultants act in the same way as an ordinary business consultant. Their main role is to provide expertise and knowledge supplying a group of tasks to support companies in achieving good search engine positioning.
Generally free advice can be given as a method of engagement, the client should not feel that their time has been wasted by the consultation period with too much technical jargon or detail on information about the delivery process which will bore the client.
Most of the techniques SEO consultants use are discussed in this sites blog and generally fulfill the requirements of the cleint. Management of the client expectation is one of the key parts of good constructive consultants delivery.
A good SEO Consultant will obviously be able to offer you technical insight at the highest level, but importantly in a way that understands your business as the SEO consultant has the clients brand in his hands.
To illustrate some of things to look for here is a list of key points:
• Always check that the sales person is fully aware of the SEO sales cycle and the requirement to achieve a good quality SEO campaign the consultant knows it is one of balance however, it is generally common sense.
• Look for successful Google page one client campaigns - if that is what is required, especially if the keyword chosen was competitive . SEO Services Now - [sales banter mode off] have done this and can provide references as proof - also ask them over what timeframe they achieved their client goal .
• Ask for free information, Good SEO consultants should be happy to do this but it wont be the whole requirement.
• Do not be scared to ask anything as a good SEO consultant can answer them in plain English. Ask what techniques they deploy.
• Check and research the competition - check out the pricing too some can be very prohibitive when you dig deeper.
• Aim for contracts that are less than a year or that are performance or service related also include termination for non-performance, look for non-compete clauses also.
• Primarily check out the SEO consultant throughly, don’t forget though this is a lng term strategy – this is not a short term fix and you should avoid all that suggest it is.
Above all this is a results based activity any creditable SEO consultant should bring the expected results, the difficulty is finding that person in the first instance.
SEO Services Now the company to choose to provide your next seo consultant.
Sunday, July 3, 2011
What to look for in a good SEO consultant?
Labels: blog, business consultant, business consultants, business today, client expectation, consultants work, consultation period, delivey, disinterest, free advice, inducement, information overload, search engine positioning, seo, technical detail, technical jargon